Answering your question, we has opinions as follow:
Note: Our answer is for your reference only, not legally obligated.
Basing on List of prohibited import/export goods issued enclose with the Decree no.12/2006/ND-CP dated 23/01/2006 of the Government detailing implementation of Trade Law regulations on international buying and selling of commodities and agent activities including purchasing, selling, sourcing, outsourcing, border-gate transfer, and transiting of commodities with foreign countries:
Commodities Banned From Import:
1/ Arms, ammunition, explosives (except for industrial explosives), technical military equipment.
2/ Fire-cracker of all kinds, except for signaling flares for maritime security detailed by The Ministry of Transportation.
3/ Second-hand consumer commodities include the following categories:
- Textile and garment, footwear
- Cooling appliances
- Home appliances
- Healthcare equipment
- Interior decoration
- Home appliances made from pottery, glass, metal, plastic, rubber and other materials.
- Second-hand information technology products
4/ Kinds of stationeries banned from circulation and dissemination in Vietnam.
5/ Right-hand drive vehicles (including in forms of (including converted drive vehicles or disassembled vehicles), except for special purpose vehicles with right-hand drive running in small area including such as: crane lorries, breakdown lorries, road sweeper lorries, spraying lorries, rubbish lorries, passenger buses in airport, pick-up trucks, concrete-mixer lorries, van working in parks and golf courses.
6/ Second-hand vehicles include:
- Engine, frame, inner tube, tire, accessories, motion of cars, tractors and two wheel
and three wheel vehicles;
- Under frame of motion cars and tractors (including new under frame with second-hand motion and/or second-hand under frame with new motion);
- Motion two wheel and three wheel vehicles;
- All type of cars with structures and functions changed from the original design.
7/ Residues, waste, cooling equipment using C.F.C
8/ Products, materials containing asbestos of amphibian group.
9/ Poisons in Table I regulated in the Convention on Nuclear weapon
Therefore, your mentioned goods (second-hand machine) is listed in List of prohibited import/export goods above.
You can find the above documents at our website www.customs.gov.vn.